Head-drive motor mount

After two failed prints at 30% (corrupt file on a failing SD card it seems), I got my very own custom motor mount! It's my first custom print (I used Fusion 360) with custom slicer settings and was uncertain of the outcome. I'd previously only printed a Thingiverse Venus Box with stock Cura settings as a familiarisation exercise.

I need to work out the other half of the mount, pivoting in the bottom corner, but it's a step in the right direction.

PLA, 0.2mm layer height, 0.3mm nozzle.

25mmØ motor and 22mmØ bearing, M8 bolt as shaft, M3 nuts and bolts for clamping. Rubber wheel is from my junk collection, pulled from an old printer.



I want to use ABS in the future (so I can solvent weld parts) but have read that ABS can give off nasty fumes and as my printer is at work (design at night, print in the day and I can keep eye on it) and I don't want to gas the whole department, I should build a fume hood first. The hood with also deaden some of the noise too.

Comments

Popular Posts